Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Alexis Brown <agbrown_at_fastclick.com>
Date: Tue 11 Dec 2001 09:58:19 -0500

Andy Bourland <andybourland_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Bottom line, it's a PRICING model, based on a PER
>SESSION rather than PER IMPRESSION basis.

Hi Andy,

I appreciate your passionate explanation of the session
based advertising model, but actually Fastclick is
focusing on a model based on UNIQUE USER views by
impression--extensive frequency capping focused on reach.
Jim Meskauska's article on new pricing methods is quite
interesting, and though I agree that session pricing is
an up-and-coming concept, I don't necessarily believe
that it's the right direction for an ad network such as
Fastclick to go. As we primarily specialize in niche
sites, the likelihood that a consumer will find themselves
constantly moving from one Fastclick site to another is
fairly slim. I think with a large site such as the NYT it
might be feasible.

Best,
Alexis Brown

Fastclick: Online Advertising/Ad Serving
Tel 805.964.2266, x.101
Fax 425.969.8552
Web www.fastclick.com