Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Ivan Weltman <ivan_at_tudogs.com>
Date: Tue 11 Dec 2001 10:01:01 -0500

>One of the biggest mistakes people make is confusing
>branding with awareness. I think it's important to
>create the brand first, then raise its awareness.

Oh dear - here we go again - Rob Frankel with blinkers.

Actually, first one creates the product (or service),
makes it available through one channel or another, then
one tells people about it. In that order. If the product
 is needed, unique in one way or another, and of good
value, you'll have a marketing success. It's really that
simple.

Branding? Well, it all depends. In an unsaturated market
awareness is king - and this is an advantage, as one may
find out who is using the product, how they are using it,
and why, before settling on a brand strategy. In a
saturated market product differences are likely to be
trivial, and thus perceived rather than actual. Then
branding is king. But who, in their right mind, will
attempt to market a new brand into a saturated market
unless they have discovered a niche with incipient or
latent demand? Then, of course, the niche becomes the
unsaturated market!

Ivan Weltman
ivan_at_tudogs.com
http://www.tudogs.com
The Ultimate Directory of Gratis Software