Google

Re: What about the banner?

From: Tiffany Woodward <tiffany_at_thedarksidestudios.com>
Date: Thu 13 Dec 2001 10:14:08 -0500

The banner is not dead, it needs to be re-invented.
The problem with this industry is that we all give
up too easily! So, click through rates are
small, why? Because the banners are boring, drab
and give the visitor no incentive whatsoever to
click on them!

Rather than saying, "Better find another way, perhaps
pop-ups" why arn't we saying, "What can we do to put
the spark back and get people clicking on our
banners?" Are we asking ourselves the wrong question?

These days it is hard to catch people's attention on
the web, therefore rather than showing them pretty
animated graphics why not give them something they
can be a part of and enjoy. Let the banner entertain the
user so that they enter your site with a positive feeling!

If you would like to see an alternative to animated gif
banners, something that will grab attention and allow the
user to interact please visit www.thedarksidestudios.com
and click on one of our banner game icons (rugby or putter)

Tiffany Woodward
Dark Side Studios Ltd
Client Services Director
E: tiffany_at_thedarksidestudios.com