Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Jeff Lancaster <jlancaster_at_trueimpact.com>
Date: Thu 13 Dec 2001 10:31:09 -0500

John Gaskill <jg_at_info-central-usa.com> wrote in part:

> I agree that session based advertising allows advertisers
> to tell a multi-part story from one page to the next.
>
> But the concept of doing so strikes me as TV rooted
> thought. Undoubtedly, TV is the most powerful ad medium
> out there. But has your research demonstrated that
> the average web surfer pays attention to each part of
> an ad when moving from one page to the next?
>
> The ad content would have to be more compelling than
> the site content.

I certainly don't think that Session based campaigns are
the silver bullet the Internet has been looking for to
prove its a better marketing medium than TV. But I do
think that they can do a couple important things for an
advertiser, some things that the Internet as a medium has
maybe lacked in the past.

1) This type of high frequency advertising can certainly
increase the likelihood an advertisers brand will get
noticed by a consumer as opposed to a regularly rotated
campaign (especially if a marketer uses proper targeting
when setting up the campaign)

 2) I also think that there is a brand effect here. As
the ads follow you through the site it can intensify its
effect. It would be pretty hard to duplicate the effect
of TV with simple Gifs and Flash but it is a step in
the right direction.

And from a publishers point of view, the more ways you can
monetize and sell your site to advertisers, the better.

Jeff Lancaster
Sales & Marketing Director

TrueIMPACT
Smarter Marketing Technology