Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Rob Frankel <Rob_at_RobFrankel.com>
Date: Fri 14 Dec 2001 08:34:27 -0500

At 10:34 AM -0500 12/13/01, Ivan Weltman wrote:
> Market saturation has everything to do
>with the timing of branding. Do it too early in an
>unsaturated market, and it will be very expensive indeed
>to change to a better positioning if you didn't get it
>right first time.

This is one of those "sez you, sez me" things. If it
works for ya, Ivan, more power to you. In my experience,
I've just seen too many people go to market unprepared.
Then they not only have to deal with the expense in time
and money creating the brand, they also have to deal with
the expense in time and money re-educating the market.

Like I said, it's your call. Where I come from, I find
that if you lead, they follow. The fact that so many
people DON'T brand effectively usually means that the
market will respond to your leadership with both their
hearts and their wallets.
--

Rob Frankel, "Yes, I really do turn users into
evangelists for your brand."