Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Ivan Weltman <ivan_at_tudogs.com>
Date: Fri 14 Dec 2001 17:49:39 -0500

Rob Frankel <Rob_at_RobFrankel.com> wrote:

>Ivan Weltman wrote:
>>Market saturation has everything to do
>>with the timing of branding. Do it too early in an
>>unsaturated market, and it will be very expensive indeed
>>to change to a better positioning if you didn't get it
>>right first time.
>>

>This is one of those "sez you, sez me" things. If it
>works for ya, Ivan, more power to you. In my experience,
>I've just seen too many people go to market unprepared.
>Then they not only have to deal with the expense in time
>and money creating the brand, they also have to deal with
>the expense in time and money re-educating the market.

Agreed. Hence my blinkers comment. There are more ways than
one of skinning a cat (what a horrid aphorism) and evangelism
isn't the only way to proselytize.

In my experience the most common cause of failure is haste.
Putting a new product on the market before the wrinkles have
been ironed out, or beginning heavy advertising and promotion
before there's adequate distribution.

Ivan Weltman,
http://www.tudogs.com