Re: Ideas for Online Book Promotion
Hurol Inan <hinan_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> I am looking for innovative and cost effective ideas for
> the online promotion of my new book on website measurement
> and analysis. Any suggestions and prior-experiences would
> be much appreciated.
Hurol, these are not "expert" comments, but the following ideas
come to my mind:
1. Interact through online forums (preferably dealing with your
subject) "usefully" and include the link to your new book in the
2. Use your signature file to spread around the link. Ask your
friends and relatives if they can put your link in their
signatures. They shouldn't have much problem as anyway the free
email providers embed their one-liners in every outgoing message.
3. Submit "expert" articles (preferably dealing with your
subject) to various web sites, newsletters and ezines.
4. Develop "quality content" of your web site, put your link
here and there, and encourage people to come to read the content.
Establish help areas where you can answer their questions.
5. Long term - start a newsletter. You can by subscribers if I'm
not wrong. Target web masters and web developers.
6. Leave messages in the message boards. Ok, don't Spam. First
establish your presence by helping the others and setting up a
tone of familiarity.
7. Interact a lot.
8. Create a compelling copy for your web page.
Web Site Development - http://www.bytesworth.com
Copywriting and Copy Editing - http://www.amrithallan.com
Received on Mon Feb 18 2002 - 20:49:44 CST