Google

Re: Overture effectiveness -- not

From: Damien O'Boyle <avathon_at_i-55.com>
Date: Mon 04 Mar 2002 10:55:04 -0600

> Rob, I love ya, but you are off base on this one. Here are my
> numbers.
>
> I have a client who makes $25 in profits for every $1 she
> spends on Overture ads. Try telling her Overture is
> "over-rated." She loves it, because when she has too many
> sales, she cuts back on her bids until she catches up on
> making product (handmade jewelry). She controls supply /
> demand in real time with her bids.

 Greetings,

 My results are almost the same, $22 on every $1 spent on
Overture.

 I don't have a lot of time to post right this sec, but from my
testing your effectiveness on overture is based on

1. How targeted are your keywords
2. How potent/sticky is your website copy and sales
    process
3. Your profit margin on your product

 You can spend $10,000 on Overture, drive hordes
to your site, but if your site doesn't have a powerful
process for conversion...then is it Overture that bombed
or the site?

 My first month on Overture my return was $22,340 on
$1,200 spent on advertising. In my opinion Overture
is a gold mine IF...IF....you play with wisdom and
understanding with what you are doing.

Take care
Damien