Google

Re: Pay for Content? Ha, Say Users

From: Eric J. Aafedt <eric_at_investmenthouse.com>
Date: Wed 20 Mar 2002 08:47:38 -0600

I can definitely say "it ain't so"! In fact, we are
finding that people are willing to PAY MORE than we
first imagined. Maybe a better way to state that is
that once one has built its niche audience with the
standard array of free services, free newsletters
etc... and then have converted a percentage to a paid
service ... we are now finding that significant
revenues can be gained by offering very detailed
information at significant price increases. An
example scenario may be: visitor comes to our site --
registers for a free newsletter --- subsequently is
converted to a annual subscription of a premium
service via a special offer at $125 per year --
thereafter he subscribes to a premium enhancement to
his newsletter which sells for $75 PER MONTH.

Pay for content is alive and well -- the focus is
really on retention / renewal / upselling.

Eric J. Aafedt
InvestmentHouse.com - "Informing Investors Around The World"
Online Newsletter Circulation: 130,000 Investors
http://www.InvestmentHouse.com
eric_at_investmenthouse.com
Phone: 713-661-4595
Fax: 603-843-9633