Google

Re: Pay for Content? Ha, Say Users

From: Rob Frankel <Rob_at_RobFrankel.com>
Date: Fri 22 Mar 2002 08:24:02 -0600

Am I the only guy here that doesn't have trouble getting
users to pay for stuff?

I agree with Gaskill, when he says that value has to be
real, not imagined. If your audience values what you've
got, it sells. If they don't, it doesn't.

I keep testing this stuff over and over again with my
FrankelBiz community (and now others with i-legions).
As some of you may know, FrankelTips is a paid weekly.
This last week, I decided to kill the archives section
of FrankelTips (too much hassle involved), and replaced
it with an e-book of "FrankelTips: The First Year".

It sells for $22. More importantly, it sells.

Of course I'm gonna hawk you about the Branded Community
aspect, but this is yet another value of developing one:
you get to know what your people want and how they want
it.

Incidentally, this is what the folks at Salon.com and
others should be doing, but they're going to have to go
broke first before that happens.....

Content sells. But you have to sell what they want,
which is not necessarily what you've got.