Google

Re: One time vs. Recurring Billing + free trials?

From: Jim Reardon <jim_at_amusive.com>
Date: Thu 02 May 2002 11:06:19 -0600

At 10:23 AM 5/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I was wondering about the effectiveness
>of free trials for membership sites. Most of the payment
>processors are no longer allowing them, do they not work?

A lot of payment processors are no longer allowing them
because of the high number of chargebacks that they cause
(people forget they signed up and never cancel, didn't
realize it'd recurringly bill, etc).

If you do it in a very clear manner, and warn the user
before billing the first month, it can be a powerful tool
without all the headaches.

--
  Jim Reardon <jim_at_amusive.com>
  sites you laugh with, not at... http://amusive.com/