Google

spammers / worldreach

From: Pesach Lattin <info_at_adspyre.com>
Date: Thu 02 May 2002 11:21:42 -0600

     According to Jane, the World Reach Corporation is a "spammer". I'd be
very careful to use this term, or even quote the spam newsgroups. I've found
that the spam-police of the world generally over-react to any type of email,
whether permission based or not. For example, I have several lists that
require an opt-in and then a permission pass (ie, tell the person they have
subscribed). Unfortunately, I've had nutcases put it on their "spam" list,
even though we have a very easy opt-out process on every email, plus all the
users information, and a variety of other verifiable stuff. Even worse, most
of the spam-nazis are jobless, middle aged men still living out of their
parents' home.

     I have received more than one email about the notorious SpamCop himself
that has accused him of basically blackmailing organizations for his
"consulting services" when contacted by those people wanting to be removed
for him spam list. More than one mail provider has also said that his
SpamCop program duplicates complaints to ISPs 2,000 times so that their
auto-complaint reader will record that "2,000+" people complained about the
"Spam". Companies like WorldCom shut down automatically any site that
receives a certain amount of complaints and then "investigates" it.

     While spam is often a bit offending, and sometimes quite annoying, the
tactics of the loosers who spend their whole life "fighting it" are even
more so. The hundreds of permission-based marketers have to spend hundreds
of thousands of extra dollars to ensure that they aren't the target of
people who have nothing better to do than virtually blackmail us. It even
annoys me even more that one of these black-list companies runs their own
email company that is advertised as a _permission based marketing solution_
to prevent being blacklisted _ is this normal?

     In life we learn that most people have motives for their actions. Maybe
the Spam-Watchers of the world have nothing better to do than to masturbate
to spam. But I_m of the opinion that many of them are using this as a method
to sell their services or blackmail companies.

    Take care, and be safe!

    Pesach Lattin
    The ADBUMb, the #1 advertising newsletter printed on recycled toilet
paper.
    http://www.adbumb.com