Google

Promotion Priorities

From: Tom Jeffries <tjeffries_at_singingelectrons.com>
Date: Thu 09 May 2002 07:57:21 -0600

Some newby questions from a manager/engineer faced
with the task of promoting a website that sells audio
software:

Looking at our site and studying the field, I see
three major areas where we can improve sales:

- improve search engine placement
- pay per click
- improve the site itself to increase conversion rate

Our conversion rate is around 0.5%. I understand 1-2%
is the norm, so there's room for improvement. Can
someone point me to detailed stats?

Each strategy involves an investment of time and/or
money, so I'm looking for suggestions on priorities.
Pay per click seems to provide some alternative to
the laborious process of creating and submitting
doorway pages- is it still worth investing time in
search engine placement?

Thanks, Tom Jeffries
Chief Blazing Officer, Blaze Audio
Tom Jeffries