Google

Re: can ads kill a website

From: Pesach Lattin <info_at_adspyre.com>
Date: Fri 10 May 2002 08:56:50 -0600

"Confucius says... he who lives in glass house dresses in basement"

I agree that online-advertising can be obtrusive, annoying and sometimes
downright rude. However, I have some real complaints about advertising.

You know what really bothers me? I'm in the middle of watching an episode of
the Simpsons, and about 8 minutes into the show, they stop it and someone
comes on trying to sell me something! The other night, I was watching TV,
and at least 8 times during the hour, I had to sit through an
advertisement _ most of them having no relevance to the actual TV show I was
watching. No offense, but I already have two cars (A Chevy Tahoe and a Grand
Jeep Cherokee) and have no desire to buy a cheap Honda Civic. I honestly
can't believe they interrupt and force me to watch commercials.

As Bob Frankel put it, _More proof that anyone with a new technology will
sell anything to anyone foolish enough to buy it, even at the certainty of
driving away visitors in droves!_ I agree, it is obvious that people are
going to quickly move away from network television because of all these
obtrusive advertisements _ they even had one trying to sell me McDonald
Hamburgers, and I only eat Kosher!

Obtrusive advertising doesn_t work, see?

 Pesach Lattin
 The infamous ADBUMB
 http://www.adbumb.com
 The only advertising newsletter with the balls to play with!