Google

Re: InVue

From: Kyle Yamnitz - Owner <Kyle_at_EdScope.com>
Date: Wed 22 May 2002 08:35:24 -0600

>Just wondering if anyone else here had tried the InVue ad
>format. I found it VERY annoying.

I haven't tried them on my sites, but if you ask me, I
think it's a very good ad format. It's good for the
advertisers because it really catches the user's attention
and (I assume) can't be blocked by pop up blockers (at
least not currently). It's not bad for the users either!
They have a minimize and close button. If you ask me,
that's better than TV ads - it's like being able to fast
forward TV commercials (but live). There seem to be a lot
of whiners surfing the net despite getting free content
these days... Ian, I don't mean that as an attack on you
personally. I just hear a lot of it and the whining gets
annoying ;) I don't use these on my sites (yet), but I
may consider them. If advertisers are buying them, I have
to take my business where the advertisers take their money.
Take care,
        --Kyle Yamnitz
          EdScope, L.L.C.
          Expanding the Scope of Education: