Google

Print literature follow ups

From: Gary & Mary Cooley <cooley_at_mtnhome.com>
Date: Thu 30 May 2002 09:10:16 -0600

Does anyone have a research source showing whether or not it is
effective to mail a print brochure to follow up a Web site information
request? We are in the travel industry and have several clients who mail
out their brochures as a follow-up to Web site email inquiries. While
they also reply first by email, they believe the brochure is an
effective follow-up step.

This is one of those client questions I don't want to speculate on! I've
looked everywhere, spent two hours in google, still can't find any
information on this subject, free, or for sale.

Do any of you have any experience with travel industry clients mailing
print brochures to email inquiries? We have watched 86 of our clients do
it for 6 years. Since they do not track accurately enough, they can't
say whether or not it is effective for them.

They mail the brochures rather than send html format email brochures
because they "want the paper brochure on the consumer's coffee table" as
a reminder. Any thoughts on this?

My feeling is that if the Web site does it's job, there is no need for a
print brochure. But I do not have research to back that feeling. Is
there any value in having "paper on the coffee table"? Is it worth the
labor, brochure, and postage? Thanks!

Gary Cooley
Ozark Mountains Website, Inc.
cooley_at_mtnhome.com