Google

Banner manager promotion help

From: Eugene Kisly <znews_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu 30 May 2002 09:25:07 -0600

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking on this nice list since last fall and the
time has come for me to make a post.

Even though this is the most appropriate place for such a
post, still it might look a bit weird (or self-promotional)
for you. It is not. I really need your help.

So, the description of the situation:

- my company developed a banner manager software
- it is a multi-platform Java application
- it provides all modern features and targeting options and a
bit more.
- its performance is way above average
- its is stable, scalable and redundant

The problem: what might be the ways to promote it?

It is already in Overture, Yahoo and all top search engines
and PPC's. It is in most resources / scripts directories. But
still this is not enough. Just a person or 2 contacts us each
week - which is ridiculous. I'm working 60-hours weeks to
promote it, but I see no options to give it a push without a
substantial investment into advertising. As our company is a
start-up one, we have no 5(6)-digit bank account for
promotion, unfortunately.

I would really appreciate your input on this and any ideas you
might have about the ways to promote it.

Thanks in advance,
Eugene Kisly