Google

Re: Email Marketing Report

From: Rob Frankel <rob_at_robfrankel.com>
Date: Fri 12 Jul 2002 17:43:15 -0500

At 4:50 PM -0500 7/12/02, John Gaskill wrote:

>If people are ignoring your email (e.g., deleting it
>rather than reading it), making it more interactive
>will not increase its effectiveness.
>
>After all, a deleted interactive email is just as useless
>as a deleted plain text email. Isn't it?
>
>Or am I missing something?

As usual, Gaskill is dead on target. The trick to getting people to
opening your e-mail is putting something inside that e-mail that
isn't garbage, especially slow-loading, interactive garbage.

Try putting something that's meaningful to them, not you, in there
and see just how much better things get in a hurry.
--
Rob Frankel, "Yes, I really do turn users into evangelists for your brand."
Big Time Branding (SM) http://www.RobFrankel.com