Google

Re: Email Marketing Report

From: Christopher Ulrich <culrich_at_cydian.com>
Date: Mon 15 Jul 2002 01:39:11 -0500

>As usual, Gaskill is dead on target. The trick to getting people to
>opening your e-mail is putting something inside that e-mail that isn't
>garbage, especially slow-loading, interactive garbage.
>
>Try putting something that's meaningful to them, not you, in there and see
>just how much better things get in a hurry.

While I agree you should do this to get people to click through, this will
not get people to open the email.
Remember - his issue was that the "open rate" on the messages is
down. Putting something better "in" the
message won't increase the open rate.

The only things that I can think of that will increase the open rate are
the "From Address"
and the "Subject" because, after all, isn't that the only thing that would
be seen by someone
before they open the message?

Chris