Google

Re: emails and other strange stuff

From: Jean-Marie Vogel <Jean-Marie.Vogel_at_crealogix.com>
Date: Wed 17 Jul 2002 11:21:48 -0500

Pesach Lattin wrote: "My newsletter has over a 70% open rate on a regular
basis..."

Well here we also have the reason for the 70% open rate. The key words are
newsletter and regular. The people you send that newsletter to expect it,
just as we all expect the Online Ads. You cannot compare that to the emails
coming from advertisers who just happened to find/buy your adress. The
subject line does not necessarily have any influence on that. Something
like "online-ads digest July 15, 2002" tells me enough to open the email,
because I KNOW who sent it.

Just my 2 p.

Jean-Marie Vogel