Google

Re: AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions. What is the point?

From: John Gaskill <jg_at_info-central-usa.com>
Date: Thu 18 Jul 2002 22:02:52 -0500

Kim O'Connor wrote:

>OK...was anyone else as pleased as I was when they saw the standard T&C
>document that came from the AAAA and IAB?
>
>And have other publishers been getting IO after IO that uses this document,
>but includes many amendments that in some cases delete most protections
>for the Media Company while retaining all protections for the
>agency/advertiser?
>
>What is the point of having a document that is agreed to by all parties, fairly
>protects all parties, if one or the other party is going to delete all the
>portions
>designed to protect the other?
>
>Am I the only out there who is a bit irritated with all this legal nonsense?

Kim,

Relax. What you are seeing is the process of negotiation in
documents. Just because trade groups put together a form
contract doesn't mean the World has to accept it, or the
terms it offers.

If you are getting IOs on terms you don't like, reject them,
or counter offer them by returning your own IOCO reinstating
the terms of the standard form you require. Then, politely inform
the offering party that if your terms are not acceptable to them,
they can take their IO elsewhere (don;t tell them where to put it!).

Remember, it's only business.

John Gaskill
jg_at_Info-Central-USA.com
http://Info-Central-USA.com