Google

Re: Tracking and Looksmart

From: Michael Low <michael_at_w3exit.com>
Date: Tue 23 Jul 2002 20:40:11 -0500

"Jill Paskoff" <jillp%specsource.net> wrote:

> >>Google has changed this policy, I suspect largely because so many sites
>now
> >>use content management systems to generate every page from a database -
> >>which often means all their page URLs contain question marks.
>
> >That's part of it - a higher percentage of pages with query strings, more
> >effective methods of determining whether content is static or dynamic and a
> >realization that pages without query strings just as easily could be dynamic
> >(even database-driven) as those with query strings.

I agree. One of my sites use a content management system (CMS) with "?"
URLs and it has been well googled. I now receive a good percentage of
traffic from Google for this site. I had never thought that was possible a
year back but it seems Google is now googling sites with CMS.

Have A Nice Day!

Michael
http://www.w3exit.com
Popunder Exit Exchange for Web Dev sites

** Delivering Highly Targeted Web Dev Traffic **