Google

Re: internet.com / IAB censorship

From: Rob Frankel <rob_at_robfrankel.com>
Date: Thu 15 Aug 2002 10:44:35 -0500

Pesach Lattin wrote:

> On October 21-23, Jupiter/IAB is having what they are calling the
>"Premiere Event for Interactive Advertising." I recently inquired about
>getting a press pass for this event, and was rudely denied. The reason given
>was that I have a "competing publication" with the official publication of
>this event, Internet.com and their plethora of advertising-related sites.
>According to several other writers and publishers, they have denied almost
>every advertising related publication access to their events, and this has
>been their unspoken policy for a while. This is unacceptable for an event
>co-sponsored by an industry group, the IAB to have this policy, and is a
>blatent attempt at censorship of opposing ideas.

You're kidding, right?

After ridiculous fortunes won and lost on incoherent strategies and
full-blown hype, you actually expect ANYTHING that comes out of
organizations like internet.com, Jupiter or IAB to start making sense?

Don't forget, these are the same guys who sank millions into pimply
faced kids who never earned a dime in their lives, then scratched
their heads in wonder as each venture crashed on the rocks.

What makes you think they'd start acting rationally now?
--
Rob Frankel, "Yes, I really do turn users into evangelists for your brand."
Big Time Branding (SM) http://www.RobFrankel.com