Google

Re: Giftgallery site problems

From: Alexis D. Gutzman <alexisg_at_marketingsherpa.com>
Date: Thu 22 Aug 2002 14:47:16 -0500

Gord wrote:

> I think I have found one item that may be causing your problems. You
> have some links on your home page near the bottom right. They read
> Link Leads & More. and Weddinglinks.
>
> Google doesn't like these link farm sites and you have actually linked
> your site to them. They will delete your site from the index. First
> thing you need to do is end your association with both of them and any
> others on your site. Then you need to optimize your site. Google should
> have indexed your pages, however it wouldn't go beyond the dynamic pages
> listed directly on your home page anyway.

Good advice about links to link-farms. In SEO, there is definitely guilt by
association.

However, Google is the only search engine right now that DOES deep crawl
sites. The reason Inktomi and others have paid-submission programs is that
they will never get to the SECOND level of dynamic content. Most of them
will crawl the first level of dynamic pages, but they won't follow a dynamic
link FROM a dynamically-generated page. ALL our dynamically-generated pages
are indexed by Google. Googlebot is on our site daily spidering.

When I interviewed Google in May, they specifically said they considered
doorway pages (which is what was described) to be spam. Inktomi, Ask, and
the others would rather have you use their paid-inclusion programs, which
will permit you to index your dynamic pages.

Regards,
Alexis
---
Alexis D. Gutzman, Managing Editor