Google

Example of unethical practices

From: Sarah Stambler <sarahs_at_e-tactics.com>
Date: Mon 11 Nov 2002 17:17:15 -0600

Dear list,

I was sent an email from a colleague (see bottom as if he had sent me a
greeting card). This site requires a download to see the card and then
tells you in its Terms area - they are going to spam your whole Outlook
address book - or forget the download.

On top of that, my colleague told me he never sent such a card.

More info or experiences with this Permissioned Media company?

Samples below.

Sarah Stambler

  Consent to E-Mail Your Contacts. As part of the installation process,
Permissioned Media will access your Microsoft Outlook(r) Contacts list and
send an e-mail to persons on your Contacts list inviting them to download
FriendGreetings or related products. By downloading, installing, accessing
or using the FriendGreetings, you authorize Permissioned Media to access
your Microsoft(r) Outlook(r) Contacts list and to send a personalized
e-mail message to persons on your Contact list. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO
ACCESS YOUR CONTACT LIST AND SEND AN E-MAIL MESSAGE TO PERSONS ON THAT
LIST, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, ACCESS OR USE FRIENDGREETINGS.