Google

Re: Lycos ethics

From: Rob Frankel <rob_at_robfrankel.com>
Date: Tue 19 Nov 2002 12:11:21 -0600

At 11:02 AM -0600 11/19/02, Walter Voytek wrote:
>You are not the only one.
>I paid for one of my sites.
>Before, I spend the money, the rank was 68.
>After, the site was de-listed.
>When I ask to be paid back. No answer.
>
>I will call it stealing the money or a Lycos sting operation as well as
>Internet Highway robbery.

Regarding bad (and costly) ethics, check this out:

The horror stories about CardService International finally hit me
when fraudulent charges (not the fault of Authorize.net) got hacked
through the web and from my account.

Authorize.net caught the fraud and stopped it short.

CarsService International, on the other hand, simply watched 8000
transactions come through (8000 transactions for zero dollar amounts)
and charged me for every single one of them (a whopping $2600 and
change) without ever notifying anyone about it. CardService
International will do nothing to mitigate the damage. In fact, all
they do is read from their policy book about how nothing is their
responsibility.

I am extremely vexed and concerned about Merchant Service Providers'
ability to rip off honest merchants, charging transaction fees for
fraudulent and non-existent transactions. And I'm REALLY pissed off
when their answer to merchants' pleas for help is, "read your service
agreement."

I have therefore launched
http://www.rippedoffbycardserviceinternational.org and invite you
(and any of your friends who have credit card accounts for their
businesses) to visit. This is a not-for-profit , never-going-to-spam
you group that has been formed to protect the rights of merchants --
and that could be you, if you take credit cards -- the world over.

It's a quick, one page site. I'm asking you to help unite merchant
victims (and potential victims) of rip-off Merchant Service
Providers, in order to get these policies and practices changed.

It's totally free. I'm doing this for the little guy.

http://www.rippedoffbycardserviceinternational.org

--
Rob Frankel

"Branding is not about getting your prospects to choose you over your
competition; it's about getting your prospects to see you as the only
solution to their problem." (TM) -- Rob Frankel, consultant and
author of "The Revenge of Brand X: How to build a Big Time Brand on
the web or anywhere else."
Big Time Branding (SM) http://www.RobFrankel.com
818-990-8623 or 1-888-ROBFRANKEL
AIM: ROBFRANKEL