Google

Re: ecommerce solutions

From: Josh Carlson <jcarlson_at_insurancejournal.com>
Date: Fri 05 Dec 2003 09:19:25 -0600

Dejan Bizinger <debizi_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Kevin Kozlen asked: "I was wondering if anyone has had
>experience good or bad with any third-party ecommerce solutions?..."
>
>If you are looking for a quality ecommerce solution that will enable
>you to make an online shop, I can suggest you osCommerce open-source
>solution. You can find more info at: http://www.oscommerce.com

oscommerce is a great product, unfortunately it's a huge pain to
customize. The next version is supposed to have template syste. If
you are looking for an easier customization job I would say
checkout www.x-cart.com.
www.hotscripts.com is a great resource for scripts/programs in
many different languages.

>However, if you are interested only in solutions that will enable you
>to collect payments from your customers, then you could use services
>like PayPal http://www.paypal.com and 2CheckOut
>http://www.2checkout.com

If you're serious about selling online, you should get your own
SSL certificate, gateway and merchant account. www.workz.com has
some good resources on mercahnt accounts.

Josh