Re: ecommerce solutions

From: Josh Carlson <>
Date: Fri 05 Dec 2003 09:19:25 -0600

Dejan Bizinger <> wrote:

>Kevin Kozlen asked: "I was wondering if anyone has had
>experience good or bad with any third-party ecommerce solutions?..."
>If you are looking for a quality ecommerce solution that will enable
>you to make an online shop, I can suggest you osCommerce open-source
>solution. You can find more info at:

oscommerce is a great product, unfortunately it's a huge pain to
customize. The next version is supposed to have template syste. If
you are looking for an easier customization job I would say
checkout is a great resource for scripts/programs in
many different languages.

>However, if you are interested only in solutions that will enable you
>to collect payments from your customers, then you could use services
>like PayPal and 2CheckOut

If you're serious about selling online, you should get your own
SSL certificate, gateway and merchant account. has
some good resources on mercahnt accounts.