Google

NONE: ONLINE-ADS>> Re: Modem Media's Proposed New Ad Model

ONLINE-ADS>> Re: Modem Media's Proposed New Ad Model

Sean Pfister (seanp_at_cnet.com)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:12:18 -0800

jim waltz <jwaltz_at_dmn.com> writes:
>Hi, all. I just learned that Modem Media is proposing a new model for web
>advertising.

>They would like to pay only for activity at their client's websites, not
>for impressions or click-throughs.

I showed this to a colleague: she wants to know what "activity" is.

It's a good question. I'd also like to know if "activity" is something
standard that can be compared among sites in an apples-to-apples fashion.
Kind of like coverage, gross reach, gross impressions, net impressions and
net reach, cpm, GRPs...

sean pfister
director, research and analysis
CNET: The Computer Network
seanp_at_cnet.com
415-395-7805 x 1529
Fax: 415.395.9205

http://www.cnet.com
http://www.search.com
http://www.shareware.com
http://www.news.com/

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:

"The Ad From Hell" is just one of 11 songs that poke fun at marketing.
Check out http://www.bizblues.com for an ideal gift for anyone in the biz.
It's great blues music.

Need quick answers? Get a copy of the Roadmap and find your way around
click-through, banner design, and much more: http://www.cyberatlas.com