Google

NONE: ONLINE-ADS>> Re: Types of Web ads?

ONLINE-ADS>> Re: Types of Web ads?

keith_casner_at_infoworld.com
Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:06:00 PST

Al wrote:

>I don't know if I've ever seen a widely-acknowledged classification
>of ad formats. I'm wondering:
>1) If anyone has any formats to add to this list?

At InfoWorld Electric, we offer ad medallions which are arranged in a vertical
column along the right side of the editorial copy. Because it places the ad creative
in view during the vertical scroll through the text, it has a different impact from a
banner which appears only at the top or bottom of a page. And of course, multiple medallions
are run together in the column, rather than a single banner per page. The Wall
Street Journal follows a similar model. There are a variety of interesting
ramifications in terms of expected impressions and clickthroughs compared to banners, so I think
it is safe to give medallions their own classification.

Keith E. Casner
InfoWorld Electric Business Development Strategist
http://www.infoworld.com
Opinions are my own, not InfoWorld's

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:

"The Ad From Hell" is just one of 11 songs that poke fun at marketing.
Check out http://www.bizblues.com for an ideal gift for anyone in the biz.
It's great blues music.

Need quick answers? Get a copy of the Roadmap and find your way around
click-through, banner design, and much more: http://www.cyberatlas.com