Google

NONE: ONLINE-ADS>> Re: How much to charge

ONLINE-ADS>> Re: How much to charge

Mark J. Welch (markwelch_at_ca-probate.com)
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 08:21:10 -0700

At 08:34 AM 9/30/96 +0100, Leo wrote:
>I wonder if someone could tell me how much I should be charging per thousand
>for a perfectly targeted solicited delivery of a promotional message in
>peoples Email box which is guaranteed to be read with interest.

By definition, Leo, a "perfectly targeted" list which is "guaranteed to
read with interest" is worth somewhere between $0.50 to $5.00 PER NAME
(e.g. $500 to $5,000 CPM).

I would pay at least a buck a name if I was confident that my message would
be eagerly read by every recipient, and if I was guaranteed that not one of
the readers would be upset at receiving unsolicited commercial email, and
of course if I was guaranteed that the readers were qualified (in my case,
that would mean adults over 35 in my immediate geographic area with a net
worth of at least $200,000, interested in estate planning).

Unfortunately, I don't believe that you can provide "perfectly targeted
solicited delivery" -- perhaps if you describe what you are actually
selling, you will get a more accurate response. (E.g., are you selling
an unqualified list of people who have expressed interest in receiving
email solicitations?)

-- Mark J. Welch, Esq. (Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Law)
-- http://www.ca-probate.com Pleasanton CA 510-462-8483
-- This message is not legal advice, and is not confidential.

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:

Advanced management system that makes maintaining banner ads a
breeze 100% web based, full stats & reports. more:
http://www.adjuggler.com

Need quick answers? Get a copy of the Roadmap and find your way around
click-through, banner design, and much more: http://www.cyberatlas.com