Google

NONE: RE: ONLINE-ADS>> Multiple Path Tracking?

RE: ONLINE-ADS>> Multiple Path Tracking?

Steve Podradchik (stevep_at_marketwave.com)
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:20:11 -0800

<rattner_at_quicklink.com> wrote:

>My question is this: Is there any way to do this *without* actually
>mirroring the site five times? The specific information that we are
>looking to capture is (1) How many people came from each path and (2)
>How many of those people from each particular path actually submitted
>the enrollment form.

Marketwave Hit List Pro and Enterprise have an 'Entry Page' filter that
makes this easy -- we do the same thing, in fact. For example, you can
track the distinct activity of people who begin at /Television/, /Radio/,
etc. If you look at the URL at the bottom of this email, you'll note the
/oa pseudo-URL (for Online Advertising, of course). That lets us track the
distinct activity and measure the quality of visits from people who begin
at /oa.

The Entry Source filter is similar in that filters by the referrer string
of the first request of the visit. One Hit List's built-in reports ('How
our Advertising is doing') is already set up to show qualitative
differences between people who begin at Yahoo, AltaVista, Lycos, Excite,
CNet and HotWired (of course, you can quickly change this list). The
report also shows which keywords visitors used at each of these search
engines to find you.

Thanks,
Steve Podradchik
Marketwave