Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> guaranteed amount of impressions?

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> guaranteed amount of impressions?

S. Alles (allmedia_at_cris.com)
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:11:41 -0500 (EST)

At 11:50 AM 1/17/97 -0500, Ibrey Woodall wrote:
>To all:
>Based on your experience, have you found that advertiser's are more
>interested in reaching the guaranteed amount of impressions (which is the
>primary measurement of the sale) or making sure their banner is up for the
>duration of the contract......I've had instances where we've reached the
>guaranteed number of impressions slightly before the end of the contract and
>taken the banner down...the client balked, of course.....is everyone just
>overdelivering?
>No...the guaranteed number of impressions weren't delivered within the first
>two days of the contract.
>Thoughts?

Hi, I'm wondering about the wording used on your orders. Sounds like both
duration and amount of impressions might have been part of the
understanding. If so, both conditions should be met.

As far as importance, audience delivery is generally a given. But the
schedule period can be a key element in some advertising objectives. So
it's really imperative that everyone is clear about the agreement going-in.

BTW it's common to view audience-delivery guarantees (for any medium) as
bare minimums. They are frequently (perhaps usually) overdelivered.

Sylvia Alles

AMS Advertising Media Planning/Buying/Consulting
allmedia_at_cris.com
http://www.cris.com/~Allmedia