NONE: ONLINE-ADS>> Intelligent Agents

ONLINE-ADS>> Intelligent Agents

david hyman (
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 22:11:55 -0500 (CDT) wrote:

>You're not alone in your misunderstanding of what agents really are,
>especially given all of the hype and fanfare that surrounds the technology.
>In fact, there are nine different types of Internet agents, (which don't
>include desktop and intranet agents,) of which we all use some on a daily

you are correct. I unintenionally used the word "agents" when indeed I was
referring to only one kind, "collaborative filtering" agents.

My response was regarding this particular type of agent in which I my
response was less than enthusiastic when applied to their use of
ad-targeting in narrow-focused sites with a particular demographic.

david hyman <>

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsor:

No matter who you are trying to reach, we already do.
36 different themed communities.

Online Advertising Discussion List To Unsubscribe send UNSUBSCRIBE to

Austin Web Design