Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> MS vs. Ticketmaster

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> MS vs. Ticketmaster

Cliff Kurtzman (cliff_at_tenagra.com)
Wed, 14 May 1997 09:13:30 -0600

Andy Rebele <andy_at_clerk.com> wrote:

>There are two points which are conspicuously unmentioned in the MS vs.
>Ticketmaster battle:
>
>1) Ticketmaster is a monopoly in the venues where it sells tickets, and
>2) Ticketmaster's largest shareholder is Paul Allen, co-founder of MS.

[big snip]

>However, I don't understand why
>Paul and Bill, who are still friends, can't just meet and work it out
>without a lawsuit.

Because I suspect that the real point of the lawsuit was to create noise.
Ticketmaster has had its name in newspapers and other media across the
country, all for the price of paying a few lawyers. If you didn't know
they were selling tickets on their web site before, you sure do now. What
a deal.

Sometimes the owls are not what they seem.

--Cliff

Cliff Kurtzman
The Tenagra Corporation
http://www.tenagra.com/
281/480-6300

Internet marketing, public relations, consulting and web design