Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Ticketmaster Sues Microsoft

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Ticketmaster Sues Microsoft

Kevin Leathers (Kevin.Leathers_at_obgyn.net)
Thu, 15 May 1997 13:12:41 -0500

Steven Heath wrote:
>You actually go to a MS page that has further info on the events and then
>a link to the TM site. Also on a side note that page has, guess what,
>banner ads on it. Thus they seem to be using the TicketMaster name to drive
>impressions to their ad.

>It seems that TickerMaster wants MS to stop gaining ad dollars of its name
>for free. It wants a cease and desist or a share of the money.

I have read all of the other responses, including the relationships with the
two companies and can understand the possiblility of using this for free
press for both, however if the above is a concern, I can agree that there
may be a cause.

We have a Free Vendor Directory in which we list all companies that serve
our market (we called all for approval to be included). We don't charge for
this Yellow Pages type listing and we allow all companies to include their
e-mail and clickable URL in their basic listing page. We do not place
advertisements on these pages (which are similar to the MS page for
TicketMaster), just contact information and links. I can understand why
TicketMaster would be upset with MS using their name to sell ads on this
page, if indeed that is the concern.

--
Kevin Leathers                          (512) 451-2842 PHONE
Director: PR, Sales & Marketing         (512) 377-5626 FAX

---------------------------------------------------------------------- This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsor:

Friday, May 16th on ClickZ Random Thoughts: Trying to make sense of it all... http://www.clickz.com