Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> AOL ad money DOWN

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> AOL ad money DOWN

J. Ellsworth (je_at_world.std.com)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:37:45 -0600

Steven Heath wrote about AOL ad revenues:

>It is the norm for 3rd quarter revenue from advertising to be down for
>most forms of media. I would expect this to be the same for online media.

For sure. But, you cannot overlook the fact that AOL is ditching popular
forums in favor of web content, and advertisers are (apparently) catching
on that they can simply go directly to the web and save money. AOL is
getting rid of content willy nilly and it may be coming home to roost.

Jill Ellsworth, Ph.D. ~ Senior Partner, Oak Ridge Research
je_at_world.std.com ~ http://www.oak-ridge.com