Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Competitive research of a companies ads?

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Competitive research of a companies ads?

Sam Michel (sam_at_webmedia.com)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:52:43 +0100

At 17:47 16/04/98 -0400, Mike Crosson wrote:

>1. Methodology; Net Ratings derives all of its data from our own
>proprietary panel
>which is recruited through Random Digit Dial (RDD) and online recruiting. This
>carefully-vetted and balanced panel is statistically representative of the
>known
>universe of web users today. At launch, we have some 2,200 people on the
>panel, and
>will be over 25,000 by year end.

I'm intrigued by your service, it sounds great. What I do find hard to
believe is that you're covering a "statistically representative of the
known universe of web users today" with a panel of only 2,500 web users. Do
you mean US web-using universe, or the global audience?

I'm not a stats man, so I may be way off the mark here, but it seems to be
far too small a sample to possibly cover the local variations, where the
overall numbers are still relatively small in comparison to the US.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Webmedia Group, 21 Noel St, London, W1V 3RD
T: 0171 494 0812 F: 0171 434 1304 E: sam_at_webmedia.com
ICQ Pager: 4561042
Webmedia: http://www.webmedia.com
ShockeR: http://www.shocker.com

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsor:
24/7 Media

Great sites. Flexible buying. Creative sponsorships.
Check out the fastest growing online network.
24/7 Media - Always Serving You http://www.247media.com