Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE ADS>> Internet Advertising in Latin America

Re: ONLINE ADS>> Internet Advertising in Latin America

Gustavo Mazzarollo (gustavo_at_gustavo.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:56:35 -0300

Jorge Rodriguez <director_at_planeta.tierranet.com> wrote:

>There are a couple of challenges that we face right now, but there are
>also lots of trends that suggest that this might become a succesful
>market, I'll try to cover this on my future posts, because there is a
>lot to discuss on this topic, and it will be interesting to read what
>other subscribers has to say about it.

I maintain a software distributor site in Brazil for at least 2 years, the
situation of internet here is this:

The public is growing faster and the percentage of people that no NOT
understand english, is growing also, so two year ago about 90% fo brazilian
netsurfers understanded english, but at this time with the popularization of
the internet access only abot a half understand english, so in order to be
sucessful in Brazil is important to have a site traduced to portuguese.

Another interesting point is that the majority of netsurfers are uncertain
about the paper of internet among other media, many of them consider the WWW
an electronic-digital extension of TV, we know that is quite different but
someone here sell this image of the WWW as an extension of TV

Chat programs and chat sites are toooo popular, and personal pages also, the
web awards are valorized here more than in any other country, so if you have
an respected web award to give to brazilian pages you have an open door to
enter.
As far as I known the prices of advertisement here are lower than in USA,
not too much lower but still cheaper.

The majority of brazilian companies that have websites, at this time, only
use their sites to show their presence in web, but are uncertain about the
possibilities of this market.

These are the general aspects there are many others we can discuss in future
posts effective advertisement or any other topic of interest

Best Regards to all

Gustavo Mazzarollo
http://www.gustavo.net
http://www.chamadasinternacionais.com

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsor:
24/7 Media

More brand-name sites. 13 content channels. That's what you get from
the fastest growing online network. Let our media professionals help
you develop a winner plan. 24/7 Media - Always Serving You

http://www.247media.com