Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Billing Policies & Liability

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Billing Policies & Liability

Rob Frankel (rob_at_robfrankel.com)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 07:28:38 -0500 (CDT)

At 10:48 AM -0500 8/20/98, MMG - John Audette wrote:

>I'm doing research on an important topic -- where does the liability lie
>when an agency buys media advertising on behalf of a client?

As an old agency guy -- the agency being old, not the guy -- I
can tell you that the best way to torpedo an agency is by
assuming the risk when placing your client's budget. My agency
(http://www.frankel-anderson.com) avoids all such risk by only
placing media for clients who either pre-pay the budget to us or
are billed directly through the media.

Some of the biggest agencies in the world have been laid to ruin
by clients who defaulted on their media committments.

Get it in advance, billed dirct or in escrow. But NEVER front
the money. It's asking for trouble.

Rob Frankel

Big Time Branding (SM) http://www.robfrankel.com
Business Opinion Columnist, Ziff-Davis Internet Business Magazine
Subscribe to FrankelBiz for FREE at:
http://www.robfrankel.com/frankelbiz/form.html
Telephone: (818) 990-8623 FAX: (818) 990-0428 -- ICQ:6427394
Toll-Free USA & Canada: 1-888-ROBFRANKEL Mailto:rob_at_robfrankel.com

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsor:
The Mining Company

QUESTION: What has 5,000 fingers and has grown 44% since April? It's been
called "a Yahoo! on steroids," and it's spreading fast across the web.
ANSWER: The 500 Expert Guides at http://MiningCo.com