Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Mass Medium? Targeting?

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> Mass Medium? Targeting?

Ivan Weltman (ivan_at_tudogs.com)
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 05:35:31 +2000

Art Sindlinger <sindlinger_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been reading the discussion regarding declining click through
> rates with great interest. In my personal experience I haven't seen
> what I would call a blanket downward trend. Good creative still
> elicits good response rates, poor creative still languishes unloved on
> the page.

One of the causes of lower click-thru rates is cash- busting. If a
surfer visits three pages on a site, and they all have the same
banner posted, cache-busting ensures that this is recorded as three
impressions. There was a time when it would have been recorded as
one.

Of course, banner advertising rates are coming down too.

Ivan Weltman
Southern Cross Media
http://www.southerncrossmedia.co.za

The Ultimate Directory Of Gratis Software
http://tudogs.com

International Clipart
http://clipart.tudogs.com

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
Marketwave, 2CAN Media and ICONOCAST

Which banner sent more QUALIFIED traffic? The one on Yahoo or Excite?
Hit List can tell you. Click here to find out how.
http://www.marketwave.com/default.htm?AdName=OA3&AdSource=OA

---

Eisenberg Communications Group, WebRep and IMGIS Co-founder
Ryan Steelberg Partner to Form 2CAN Media, Inc.
Details: http://www.2canmedia.com/mergernews.htm

---

"This continues to be the 'coolest' and most informative e-mail
newsletter I get." Randy Haldeman, Director of Marketing, TEN-TV
To subscribe, visit http://www.iconocast.com