Google

NONE: Re: ONLINE-ADS>> pop-up survey company/software?

Re: ONLINE-ADS>> pop-up survey company/software?

TLee_at_webcmo.com
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 06:53:16 -0500 (CDT)

IN ONLINE-ADS #159, TED CARTER WROTE:

>You should look (if you have not already) at archive material
>such as IAB and Millward Brown Interactives Advertising
>Effectiveness Study

concludes the following:

1. dramatic increase of awareness after a single ad
exposure;

2. significant impact on brand perception resulting from one
exposure; 3. positive impact on intent to purchase.

The last conclusion is a false statement. Although customer
loyalty score (I guess it is purchase intention) is
increased by 4%, the change is not significant.
Statistically, insignificance means no change. Therefore,
the conclusion from this survey should be: although online
banner is able to increase brand awareness dramatically and
has a significant impact on brand perception, it is unable
to increase purchase intentions.

As I discussed in the article "Online branding",
(http://www.WebCMO.com/forum/fortop5.htm) branding is an
integrated process of market segmentation, segment targeting
and segment positioning. This report might be a good
evidence of my statement.

If you segment a market incorrectly, if you target to the
wrong segments or if you position your brand improperly, you
wonít be able to increase your sales.

However, I want to raise another question here from this
research report: Is online branding so easy? In other words,
do you believe that a single banner exposure can
"dramaticall" increase brand awareness and has "significant"
impact on brand perception?

Cheers!

Tim Lee
Director of Research
http://www.WebCMO.com
A site dedicated to web marketing research
WebCMO Diges--free e-zine about marketing research & strategy

This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
Internet.com, Mind The Store and ValueClick

Internet.com Delivers The Internet Professionals You're Looking For!
Over a million unique users, 75% have purchased online this past year.
Target your message to them, http://www.internet.com/mediakit/find.html

---

ClickToBuy is an advanced e-commerce technology allowing Advertisers to
sell products directly from their banners or images. Call Michael Tingle
at 800-254-9992 or visit http://www.hotflyers.com/demo for more info

---

ValueClick can guarantee you instant revenue on 100% of your ad space
Stop in and see us on Oct27 at the Momentum Awards at _at_d:Tech in NY
ValueClick Ad Network | 805.965.0543 | http://www.valueclick.com