Google

Re: Problem Getting Advertisers To Pay

From: Ray Owens <jokeaday_at_jokeaday.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:41:37 -0600 (CST)

CHAD LEVIN WROTE:
>I have been running my web-site for five months now, and
>bring in a substansial amount of traffic. I do have a
>problem with my sponsors. They don't pay for their bills. At
>the time the banner goes up I send them a invoice with a
>due-date of NET 14 days, and at times I don't recieve
>payments until a month later. Ca someone please give me
>advice on how I can get the people to pay on time.

It's real simple, Chad. They pay in advance. You get a
credit card up front or the check clears before that ad or
banner runs.

Once they've become a "regular" customer (which you need to
decide at what point they become "regular") then you can
grant more liberal credit terms.

I understand the need to bring in business and so you want
to make it as easy as possible for clients to do business
with you. But you've got to have a degree of protection for
yourself. In the three years I've been in operation, I've
never had a single person complain about paying in advance,
as that's what my stated policy is. In fact, the *only*
time I was dumb enough to run a spot where I hadn't been
paid I was burned.

Good luck,

Ray Owens -- Joke A Day
The World's Largest Daily Humor Mailing List

http://www.jokeaday.com

       This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
                      FlyCast and Clicksales.com

WEB ADVERTISING THAT MAKES YOU A HERO. Our Web experts optimize your
buy across 780 sites. All for what you'd normally pay for placement on
one. Call it superhuman. http://WWW.FLYCAST.COM/OA

                                ---

 ###100% GUARANTEED### Pay-Per-Click and Pay-Per-Download Advertising
     All of your money back if you are not completely satisfied!
-->> http://www.clicksales.com/ and http://www.downloadsales.com/ <<--