Google

Offline Advertising Question

From: Cliff Whitt <GOMGIC_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:57:36 -0500 (CDT)

I am curious as to how many members of this digest are using
offline advertising as well as online advertising to
advertise their websites, and what kind of response they
may be generating. I operate a website designed
specifically for offline classified and display advertising
in newspapers and magazines nationally. I have seen a
sharp increase in the number of websites advertising in
newspapers over the last couple of months.

So far, the results have been mixed. Websites who put a
telephone number in the ad seem to pull better than ads
with just the website address listed. I stongly recommend
putting a telephone number in the ad to reach people who
are not yet on the internet. For most websites, the results
have been difficult to track. While most websites see an
increase in the number of visitors, it is difficult to know
which visitors came to the site as a direct resut of the
ad. I am curious to know what kinds of results other
advertisers have had offline, and how they go about tracking
the responses.

Any suggestions would be greatlyappreciated.

Sincerely,

Cliff Whitt
Nationwide Newspapers
407-760-8967
E-Commerce Website:
www.NationwideAdvertising.com
E-Mail: sales_at_nationwidenewspapers.com
Nationwide Advertising In Over 8,000 Newspapers Nationwide

        This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
                   Valueclick, AdFlight, and Streammedia

ValueClick can guarantee you instant revenue on 100% of your ad space
New Higher Payouts | Support for Rich Media | Web's Best Advertisers
Sign up for_ValueClick_now! *--> http://valueclick.com/members.html

                                        ---

AdFlight (formerly Immerce) - The Internet Advertising Exchange: Your
high choice, low price source for Internet ads! WEEKLY AUCTIONS,
DAILY DEALS! Go now to http://www.adflight.com/default.asp?source=oad

                                        ---

              Evolve, she said. RADICALMAIL.COM
   Streaming multimedia email that puts your advertising back
     on top of the food chain. http://www.radicalmail.com