Google

low priced test ad campaign

From: Tim Seims <Seims_at_LiveService.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:16:55 -0500 (CDT)

Friends:

I've been reading online-ads for a couple of years now, and
though there is a lot of good information, trying to do it
myself shows that there are some pretty basic facts I'm not
so sure of. I had an interesting talk yesterday with the
head of an agency that creates banner ads. But when I
asked him how to get them placed, the advice was to do the
research to find out which web sites my audience is going
to and then to negotiate with that site directly for ad
space. This sounds like thinking leftover from the
magazine and broadcast world. There might only be half a
dozen magazines that my segment would read or TV programs
they would watch, but they might visit thousands of web
sites. I also don't see where one would get detailed
information on what internet sites certain segments,
foreign business people in my case, actually visit. Is
that that kind of information available?

I need to test market my site. What I think I need is an ad
agency/network that would offer a small number of
impressions, lets say 20k, but over a reasonably diverse,
range of relevant sites, or that could target by browser
location. I'm looking for such an agency/network now.
I've found some that are fairly close, so they might exist,
but I'm still looking. Know of any?

Thanks,

Tim Seims
E-mail attachments received, printed, and posted.
Seims@Postal-Services.com http://www.Postal-Services.com
Fax & voicemail: USA: +1 202 478-0447 UK: +44 207 504 8447
3714 Calvert St., NW: Washington, DC 20007; USA=20

        This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
                   Valueclick, AdFlight, and Streammedia

ValueClick can guarantee you instant revenue on 100% of your ad space
New Higher Payouts | Support for Rich Media | Web's Best Advertisers
Sign up for_ValueClick_now! *--> http://valueclick.com/members.html

                                        ---

AdFlight (formerly Immerce) - The Internet Advertising Exchange: Your
high choice, low price source for Internet ads! WEEKLY AUCTIONS,
DAILY DEALS! Go now to http://www.adflight.com/default.asp?source=oad

                                        ---

              Evolve, she said. RADICALMAIL.COM
   Streaming multimedia email that puts your advertising back
     on top of the food chain. http://www.radicalmail.com