Google

RE: Clickthru Rates

From: Adri van Zyl <Adri_at_forwardslash.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:41:44 -0500 (CDT)

GANESH N. MANDALAM WROTE:
>1. Am I allowed to negotiate on the standard rate cards?

Yes, always, no prices are fixed, and if you need to do a
test on the sites to see if it is going to work, you do not
want to spend too much on it.

>2. If so, will I get better rates than the standard rates
    advertised?

Most of the time you do. Maybe not much better, but definitely.

>3. What are the factors that will allow the ad networks to
    give me a discount - Quantity, Duration, etc?

From my experience, the quantity and duration combined. If
you buy 100,000 over a month, it seems little, but that is
enough to test the site and see how well it does for you.
The more you buy, the less they will charge on account of
"volume-purchasing"

>4. Does the concept of 15% Agency commission exist here?

It all depends on who you deal with. If you take a direct
approach, the site that you contact does not ask for the
Agency commission. Once you go thru a network they do a fee,
what that fee is I would not know, ours is 10%.

I hope this helps you somewhat. btw. 40c a click is the
norm, but still very expensive. In my experience everything
is negotiable!

Kindly
Adri

        This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
                   Valueclick, AdFlight, and Streammedia

ValueClick can guarantee you instant revenue on 100% of your ad space
New Higher Payouts | Support for Rich Media | Web's Best Advertisers
Sign up for_ValueClick_now! *--> http://valueclick.com/members.html

                                        ---

AdFlight (formerly Immerce) - The Internet Advertising Exchange: Your
high choice, low price source for Internet ads! WEEKLY AUCTIONS,
DAILY DEALS! Go now to http://www.adflight.com/default.asp?source=oad

                                        ---

              Evolve, she said. RADICALMAIL.COM
   Streaming multimedia email that puts your advertising back
     on top of the food chain. http://www.radicalmail.com