Google

Web Advertising Networks

From: Leo Sheiner <leo_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:23:21 -0500 (CDT)

DEBBIE A. EVERSON WROTE:
>If you have bought space on any of these networks, why did
>you choose it over others? Who has the most effective
>business model? They all talk about ROI and claim high
>click rates, but do they really deliver.
>
>Your insights and opinions are much appreciated.

High CTR is an irelevance which has been raised to a
pedestal by those who really don't understand what the net
is about. Advertisers should define their objectives and
run a campaign which measures the degree of success in
meeting those objectives. That is ROI. CTR can be
incidental to those objectives. The most obvious example is
that if your objectives are membership sign-ups, you can
get a high CTR with a low conversion or a low CTR with a
high conversion. Our long experience with pay per action is
that in most circumstances there is no correlation between
action and CTR.

http://safe-audit.com +44181 346 0770
mailto:leo_at_netcomuk.co.uk
40,000 member host sites and 350 Million impressions a month
QV sensors track the quality of visit and provide guaranteed results.
Banners, Rich media, Text links, all sizes and shapes

        This week's Online Advertising Discussion List sponsors:
                   Flycast, AdKnowledge, and Remarq

   AT FLYCAST WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT RESULTS. Not just branding. Not
just click-through -- results. Take the next step. Get the maximum number
of responses at the lowest possible CPM. Visit http://www.flycast.com/oa.

                                        ---

 What is the brand effect of Web advertising? Only AdKnowledge goes
 beyond the click to offer real answers you can act on. For details
 about AdKnowledge eAnalytics, visit us at http://www.adknowledge.com

                                        ---

    Interested in reaching opinion leaders in one of the most
       active discussion communities online? Try RemarQ at
              http://www.remarq.com/discussions/ad6