Google

One Testimonial is worth 690,000 Impressions

From: Miki Dzugan <mdzugan_at_uswest.net>
Date: Fri 27 Aug 1999 15:32:55 -0500

RAMON RAY WROTE:
> Fellow colleauges this is why banner advertising is not very
> affective - so many "things". I"ve checked my own CTR with
> Link Exchange, LinkShare, SmartAge and others - less than 1%
> CTR!!!
>
> On the flip side, I've written articles for InternetDay and
> have received over 100 emails just from two articles...and
> over 1,000 hits to my site in minutes!!!...
>
> For those of us who are smaller web sites, we need to sell
> our web sites to advertisers by using our niche market, and
> loyalty clout!!

Our experience mirrors yours, Ramon. One of our clients had
20,000 visits in one day from a post to an online bulletin
board which referenced the client's Web site. The client
decided that the site had a well enough targeted audience to
place banner advertising.

Our most productive banner on that site is getting CTR of
2.9%. We will need 690,000 impressions to equal the
effectiveness of the one post.

I think that text references for advertisers and sponsors
are much more effective than banner ads, but I suppose the
issue of service and ad accounting makes that less
attractive to sites, which accept advertising.

--
Miki Dzugan
MARKnETING, integrating the Net into your marketing.