Google

Re: Inbox vs. Online Newsletters

From: James Hensinger <ascot_at_aquafind.com>
Date: Sun 29 Aug 1999 07:48:05 -0700

SCOTT A. SHUFORD WROTE:
>I noticed a possibly intelligent idea for increasing page views while
>reading a newsletter today and wondered if you have any opinions or
>experience with this idea. What do you see as the pros and cons?

newsletter rather than through e-mail I would say that I
would not read it very frequently because of the time
element involved. I receive quite a few newsletters each
day and if I had to start going to the web to read them
rather than from message to message as I now do then I
wouldn't have the time or patience to wait for each to load.
It would increase your click thru rate but decrease your
readership. Although I have not entered into any
discussions on this newsletter I have found it to be one of
the most useful and informative that I receive. I have
learned a great deal about online advertising and found many
new contacts via this newsletter and would hate to see it go
to the net.

Regards,

James Hensinger
Ascot International