Google

RE:Affect of limiting # of ads seen on click rate?

From: Michele Schott <mschott_at_adknowledge.com>
Date: Tue 31 Aug 1999 10:41:00 -0500

JONATHAN ROY WROTE:
>Do any of you know of some research (or just an article)
>about the effect on click-through rates, when limiting the #
>of times a single user can see a single ad, or the # of
>times a single user can see any paid ad?

Noticed this post from last Thursday and thought the
following info might be helpful. Our eAnalytics group
recently analyzed a couple of campaigns for a major client,
looking at frequency and response by site. We came to two
key conclusions: 1) The myth that after 3 exposures response
dramatically falls off is just that: a myth. In fact, on
one specialty content site response remained steady or
actually increased slightly even after the 5th exposure. 2)
It's dangerous to make any sort of generalization because
there are so many variables. Responses varied greatly just
between content sites and portals, for example.

Check the 8/23 issue of The Industry Standard for details.
http://www.industrystandard.net/metrics/display/0,1283,966,0
0.html

One last point: we have found little correlation between
click rates and conversion rates. Smart marketers want to
understand what's really driving brand awareness and
purchase behavior.

Hope this helps.

--
Michele Schott