Google

Re: Inbox vs. Online Newsletters

From: Dirk Dupon <editor_at_theweirdsite.com>
Date: Tue 31 Aug 1999 08:57:08 +0200

SCOTT A. SHUFORD WROTE:
>I noticed a possibly intelligent idea for increasing page views while
>reading a newsletter today and wondered if you have any opinions or
>experience with this idea. What do you see as the pros and cons?
>
>What if we were to take our newsletter and build it on the site rather than
>sending out a text email? We could then send an email teaser to draw
>people to the site to read the newsletter.
>
>Do you think or have you seen any data suggesting that one approach is
>better than the other? Would it get more people to the site or would we
>lose out based on not having the actual newsletter information right there
>in their Inbox?

Scott,

It sure is a good idea to send out a short message to your
subscribers, to get them to your web site, but why shouldn't
you send them a HTML version of your newsletter instead?

IMHO, this works much better, because the message stays on
their computer, the newsletter can be viewed off line (don't
forget there are people -like me- paying for their Internet
acces by the minute), and they can save a copy on their
hard disk after reading.

Dirk Dupon

"Web Site and E-zine Promotion for Idiots": an E-book packed with
tips, tricks and secret techniques to promote your Web Site or E-zine
on the Internet. Save time and money when starting an ad campaign.
FREE download now: <http://www.theweirdsite.com/idiots.htm>